There’s a common misconception that engineered flooring is manufactured from man-made material. However, this couldn’t be further from the truth, as it’s actually made from 100% real wood.
Not only does it combine all the good looks and natural feel of solid wood flooring, but it has the durability and ease-of-use of a modern flooring material.
So why do we call it engineered flooring?
It’s the manufacturing process that gives this type of flooring its name. Real timber boards are pressed together into two or more layers to create durable planks that are much stronger than those made from solid wood.
By installing the layers in different directions, it forms a strong and solid base which cannot be seen once the flooring is laid.
The benefits of engineered wooden flooring
Many people think that real wooden flooring is a better alternative to engineered wood, however there are definitely many advantages of choosing to lay engineered wooden flooring in your home.
- It’s more durable and will last longer than traditional wood flooring which makes it a much more cost-effective option.
- It’s easy to install and can be laid by anyone with a little DIY experience. The unique construction of engineered wood flooring means that there’s no need for a plywood sub-floor, so it can simply be laid as a floating floor or nailed into position directly over the floor joists.
- It’s ready to install without any extra sanding or sealing, which cuts down on the time it takes to have a floor that’s ready to walk on.
- It’s versatile and can be installed anywhere. Whether you want to lay your floor over a concrete surface or you want to install underfloor heating beneath your flooring, engineered wood flooring can accommodate these options.
- This type of flooring is easy to maintain with just a simple sweep and occasional mop. Should it become scuffed or damaged over time, sanding and buffing will bring it back to life.
- It’s available in a wide variety of finishes. Whether you prefer dark wood flooring or a beachy look, you’ll find engineered wooden planks to suit your taste. Furthermore, it’s not just available in a myriad of colourways and finishes but you can choose planks with bevelled edges, an oiled matt finish, or shiny varnished surfaces to create the look you want.
- The crosswise pattern of layers used in construction means that there’s no expansion and warping of the planks due to temperature or humidity. This means that it can be used in any room in your home, except for bathrooms or wet rooms.
A great choice of engineered flooring Sydney-wide
Engineered wood flooring is one of the most popular flooring choices for both traditional and contemporary homes as it’s beautiful, it’s practical and it’s long lasting.
So, if you want a wooden floor that will stay looking good for longer, you’ll find a great selection of engineered flooring Sydney–wide in your local flooring stores.