Choosing the right carpet material for your home can be challenging and if you have children and/or pets, this can make the decision even harder. You may need a carpet that is resistant to specific types of stains and is fairly easy to clean. Knowing what you expect out of your newly carpeted home is the first step to making sure you pick the right material for your needs.
To make you aware of the many options that are available to you when it comes to choosing carpet material, the following are just some of the most popular options.
1. Nylon Carpets – This material is very durable and soft and is very stain resistant. This carpet material is the most popular type of carpet in the United States, the United Kingdom, as well as Australia.
2. Polyester Carpets – These types of carpets are great because they hold bold colours very well and will not fade over time. These types of fibres are not allergenic and are eco-friendly due to the fact they are occasionally created with recycled plastic bottles.
3. Polypropylene Carpets – These types of fibres are soft, very much like nylon and are stain-resistant as well as being resistant to shedding and mildew. It is resilient and will stay in good shape for quite a long time in low-traffic areas.
4. Wool Carpets – Having a wool-based carpet is a luxury and when looked after correctly, it can last a very long time. On the downside, a wool carpet can be very expensive not only to purchase but to maintain as well. Some professionals are able to combine wool with synthetic fibres to make it less expensive and longer lasting. Visit or call a local carpet store in Sydney to see if they offer these types of carpet services.
5. Carpet Pile – A carpet pile is a carpet material that is made with yarn and goes through some backing material that’s similar to that of sewing. They can be cut regularly or in various angles. This is a very specific type of carpet so you may want to call someone who sells carpet in Sydney to make sure they can do this for you.
No matter what type of carpet you are looking for make sure you have exactly what you want in mind before you go to your local carpet retailer. There are a number of retailers of carpet in Sydney that would be able to help you find exactly what you are looking for in a carpet – just tell them what your needs are and the rest will be a piece of cake.